Tuesday, November 2

The beginning of something new...



Where do you start on your FIRST blog entree?!?!?  Well, I'm going to start off by saying how blessed I am :0) My husband (Mr. Adkins) and I have been married for 8 years going on 9 in May! How happy these years have been.  Yes, bump ups in the road have been present with us but they only make an individual and marriage stronger.  He currently commutes back and forth 4 hours a day to Pharmacy school.  Thank goodness for texting and cell phones!!  Graduation is soon approaching (May 2012) and we are thankful it is almost over.  I am a stay-at-home mommy to Miss B ~ a 2 year old princess.  She brings such joy to her daddy ....especially with those sporadic kisses and hugs with a soft "I wuv you, mommy".

I haven't always been a stay-at-home mom but because of an AWESOME husband I was able to come home from working at a dental office when my sweet munchkin was 16 months old.  Since then I have been able start up my own business... Polka Dot Bungalow ~www.polkadotbungalow.etsy.com. The shop has been open since January 2010 and many sales have come in...more that what I had ever hoped for!  It has really taken off and I count myself blessed to have it, not just as a hobby but as a small income.

The month of October flew bye and now it is the 2nd day of November! We are getting excited about the holidays ~ seasonal candles, baking, tree decorating and Christmas present shopping!!  Well, it is time to wrap up the entry.  Miss B will be waking up soon and snack time will be demanded..haha, but before I leave a recipe to enjoy!  I'm making it tonight...yummo!  Something quick and easy but also goooooood....if your household is like mine (cleaning, potty training, sewing, dusting, errands, grocery shoppin', coupon cutting, etc....) you need a good and delicious meal to sit around too!  ENJOY!



Mexican Casserole

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 c. cheddar cheese shredded
1 pkg. corn tortillas
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can chili beans
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped

Brown beef and onion; drain.  Add all ingredients except tortillas and cheese, simmering until thoroughly blended. In 9 x 13-inch glass pan, layer tortillas, meat sauce, then cheese, etc.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins.

Courtesy of Rena Adkins (Gammie) ***Love you, Goooo***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are {loved}.