Wednesday, November 3

A cloudy afternoon...


It's a chilly, cloudy day here...LOVE these days just to stay indoors (besides making a quick run to the post office to mail off orders).  These are some pictures Miss B. and I took yesterday evening. (Enjoy Papa and Huney) She is such a ham!!!  

Goodness, I can't believe Thanksgiving is less than 3 weeks away!  Yummy, I can't wait.  Some of my fondest memories of Thanksgiving were when I was younger.  Momma (Huney to Miss B) would cook all morning into the afternoon for our Thanksgiving dinner.  We lived 12 hours away from family so we usually had Thanksgiving to ourselves ~ Papa, Huney, Stephen (my baby brother) and I.  Now I know how hard it must have been for mom to not be with her mother...oh my, I have to get off this subject before I start a flood of tears...**good tears**  I remember dressing the turkey with dad while mom would busy herself with the side dishes ~ green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, a relish tray, ambrosia, rolls, stuffing and soo many other goodies :0)  We would give our thanks to the Lord who had provided all our food and many blessing and then dig in.  The day would be full of family time and then we would all be back a few hours later building our turkey sandwiches with the leftovers.  Precious memories.

This year I decorated our table with a few white pumpkins that are slowly turning their beautiful orange and made a Shabby Chic Ruffle Runner made of burlap!!!  I'm not into a lot of Shabby chic accessories or decor but when I saw this in a home I had to have it for my home :0) Accessories in moderation are stunning.


Here are some other things I found while shopping Etsy that I would like to use this Thanksgiving season:

Tile Coasters


Place Cards



Yarn Wreath 


Autumn Dish Towels

What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving memories?

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! Can't wait to see ya'll for Thanksgiving! Love the pictures of Miss B! She's so adorable!! Can't wait to see how she does with "S Man" ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SNIFF......Lump in throat! Oh my goodness what good memories, I have learned through the years to start preparing several days in advance :) Never forget the one year we forgot to take the giblets out Rofl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, momma! How could I forget that..haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know what? I am SO sorry! I thought that I had posted a comment on this lovely post, thanking you for featuring my item--and apparently I did not;-(

    thank you so much--and I am in LOVE with the camera straps! I want to order one for my Nikon d5000..... hmmm....I wonder if we could barter from our shops?! Do people even do that on etsy?! I sure need to find out! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are {loved}.